Monday, March 24, 2008

I'd Like Some Onion Rings With a Side of Weed

As some of you know, I work as an English teacher in the Miami-Dade public school system. Since I noticed that there are not many blog posts that discuss the education system or what goes on in the classroom, I thought that I might be able to add a little mirth to this huge part of American life.

In my high school English class I usually start the day off with a journal topic. Some of these journal topics allow me to glimpse a little piece of what's going on in the collective youth psyche. Occasionally, I will be posting my students' responses to these journal topics.

This first entry was written by an average girl in the eleventh grade. The journal entry is posted here without any editing on my part:

"Ok, so I work at Burger King and the truth is that it's a pretty cool job. But the funniest thing is that everybody there, even the managers, are drugies. People known as customers come by drive-thru and order cheap, simple meals. But when they come by the window, they don't just pick up food, they also pick up their weed. And it's hilarious because all the managers and the owners know that the employees sell weed and other drugs at there job."

Talk about having it your way.

2 comments:

Zach Wallmark said...

Haha! You'll have to let me know which Burger King she works at.

funkymonkey69 said...

Wow, thats pretty crazy. But I bet you pass by that burger king all the time, huh? Lol